Your SR22 Insurance Resource
What IS a SR22?
An SR22, also known as SR22 insurance, shows that you will be financially responsible while operating a vehicle and is usually required if you have been convicted of a DUI or DWI. Generally, you will be required to possess it for a few years, after which point, it is no longer necessary.
Who Needs to Carry an SR22?
- If you have had a DUI or DWI.
- Guilty of some major moving violations
- If you were at fault for an accident and did not have insurance at the time
- Getting several tickets close together
- If your license has been suspended
- If your license has been revoked
How Long Will I Have an SR22?
3 years is typical. During this time, you must continuously carry SR22 auto insurance. If you fail to maintain your insurance, your insurance company is legally required to notify your state, and your license will be suspended. Since every state has different SR22 laws, you may also want to check with our agents for additional information.
What’s The Best Way to Save On My SR22 Car insurance Policy?
Simple; shop with us and you can be sure you will get the best prices from dozen’s of companies! We are not here to sell you anything, but rather help you find the best rates from all the top companies!
Various Forms of the SR22!
There are typically 3 forms of the SR-22 that can be issued by a particular state. It is therefore important to get the proper type after having been issued a SR-22 form:
- Operators Certificate: This type of policy will cover the motorist in the operation of any vehicle, even if not owned by the driver. If a driver does not own a car, he or she would be covered with this type of certificate.
- Owner's Certificate: This type of policy covers all vehicles owned by the driver. The vehicle must either be listed on the SR-22 or be issued as "all owned vehicles" in order to be compliant.
- Operators-Owners Certificate: This type of certificate covers all vehicles — owned or not by the driver and is therefore the most comprehensive of the three types of SR-22 certificates.